Barker Trailers Pty Ltd (herein referred to as ‘Barker Trailers’) warrants to the original purchaser (herein referred to as the ‘Customer’) that all Barker Trailers manufactured equipment (herein referred to as ‘equipment’) will be free from defects, in material and workmanship for a period of three (3) years from the earlier of the:
- date of delivery of the equipment to the Customer; or
- date of invoice provided by Barker Trailers to the Customer (‘Warranty Period’).
This Manufacturer Warranty is valid only to the Customer appearing on the invoice issued by Barker Trailers at the time of purchase. In the event equipment is comingled, transferred or on sold (unless by prior arrangement) by the Customer, Barker Trailers accepts no liability for claims which may otherwise have been covered by this warranty.
Our equipment comes with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (‘ACL). The Customer is entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. The Customer is also entitled to have the equipment repaired or replaced if the equipment fails to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This Warranty is not intended to have the effect of excluding any applicable provisions of the Australian Consumer Law or any other statute, where the consequence of such exclusion would contravene that statute.
Subject to the Australian Consumer Law, this Manufacturer Warranty may be void if the equipment is:
- subject to misuse, neglect, accident or modification by any person;
- not used primarily for the purpose of transporting goods on sealed public roads;
- found to have been used with a load in excess of its structural or legal capacity as designated at the date of purchase;
- not maintained or serviced at appropriate intervals (as indicated by the suggested service schedule) by a professional (including greasing and inspections of fittings, fasteners, wheel nuts, U bolts and tyre pressures);
- modified in any manner or by any person not authorised in writing by Barker Trailers;
- not paid for by the Customer in full;
- not submitted for First Service within the initial 1,000km to 5,000km operation period in accordance with either the proprietary component service guidelines or Barker Trailer First Service Checklist; and
- fitted with a replacement part other than OEM part or approved by Barker Trailers in writing.
This Manufacturer Warranty does not apply to any equipment parts or accessories that are not manufactured by Barker Trailers. At the time of purchase, Barker Trailers may provide separate warranty terms and conditions from the manufacturers of proprietary components, parts and accessories not expressly covered by this Manufacturer Warranty. The equipment parts and accessories not covered by this Warranty includes, but is not limited to:
- Axles and Suspension
- Brake System
- Electrical Connectors
- Generators and Pumps
- Hydraulic Systems, including cylinders, valves and other fittings
- King Pin
- Landing Legs
- Pneumatic Air Fittings
- Tyres, Wheels and Rims
- Tail Lifts
- Walking Floor
- Winch Cables and Winch Straps
- Wearable/consumable parts including wiring, bearings and the like.
Barker Trailers expressly excludes all liability under this Manufacturer Warranty, subject to the application of the Australian Consumer Law, for defects (whether arising in an indirect or direct manner) caused by:
- damage or destruction by fire, flood, or other inevitable accident;
- fair wear and tear of the equipment including damage to wheel bearings, seals, couplings, curtain straps, curtain buckles, tyres (including wheel alignments and damage to the equipment as a result of wheel alignments not carried out), rims, bumpers, dock rubbers and scuff strips requiring regular replacement);
- exposure to elements or chemicals affecting the cosmetic appearance (dulling, fading or chipping the paint and/or galvanized surface, rusting or causing scuffing or natural breakdown of materials);
- misuse or other operation of the equipment, including but not limited to overloading and operational application other than was intended and engineered for (based on initial application information disclosed by the Customer to Barker Trailers during the sales process);
- inadequate or improper storage, maintenance or handling of the Equipment including the use of unsuitable cleaning agents;
- use of the equipment following discovery of a deficiency which has not been rectified; or
- any cause not directly attributable to Barker Trailers.
In order to make a claim for a remedy under this Manufacturer Warranty, the Customer must have carried out the First Service within 1,000km to 5,000km and sent proof of same to Barker Trailers at email@example.com. If a defect is detected the Customer is to contact Barker Trailers at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (03) 5427 9999 within a reasonable time following discovery and in any event within 14 days. This Manufacturer Warranty is void if the equipment is used between discovery of the defect and return to Barker Trailers.
The Customer bears all costs of making a claim. When making a claim, the Customer will be responsible for paying and incurring all fees and/or transport charges in connection with the transportation to and from Barker Trailers (144 Clancy’s Lane, Woodend, Victoria 3442) or an alternate Barker Trailers service agent (as advised by Barker Trailers). In the event an alternative repairer is requested, the prior written consent from Barker Trailers must be obtained before commencement of those repairs. Unauthorised repairs are not covered by this Warranty.